Would you believe me if I said I crave these Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts?! This recipe is positively addictive thanks to a crispy, golden brown outside and perfectly seasoned inside! No mushy, flavorless Brussels sprouts here. This is a recipe you'll fall in love with!
Let's talk Brussels sprouts. I feel like they get a bad rap because so many people don't know how to prepare them! If you're eating soggy or bitter Brussels sprouts, it's time to give them another try. I promise they can be absolutely addictive, and this is the recipe to change your mind! This is actually the Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe that turned my husband Bobby into a Brussels sprouts lover...and my daughter Riley could eat the entire batch herself in one sitting! I'm telling you, this is the recipe to make perfectly delicious, flavorful, crispy sprouts.
In This Post...
Ingredients in Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Just like with all the best things in life, simple is always better! This ingredient list is SUPER short, but it creates a restaurant-quality dish right at home.
- Extra virgin olive oil - I use Pomora Olive Oil and absolutely swear by it! You will taste such a difference with quality olive oil. Use my code EBE25 for a discount on your first order!
- Brussels sprouts - I like using smaller, halved Brussels sprouts with the ends trimmed. They're a little bit sweeter, and the smaller size helps them cook faster and get that perfect golden crisp on the outside!
- Salt & pepper - We're letting the natural flavor of Brussels sprouts shine, and trust me, it's actually delicious! Use just a bit of salt and pepper to season.
How to Make Stovetop Crispy Brussels Sprouts
I used to rely exclusively on my oven method for Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and honestly, I do still love that recipe! However, cooking them on the stovetop for a few minutes on each side first adds even more crispiness before finishing them in the oven. Give it a try and be sure to let me know what you think!
All About Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are nutrient-dense, low-calorie, and full of health benefits. They contain dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin K and folate. A one cup serving is just 40 calories but has 3 grams of protein and 3 grams of dietary fiber! They are also an excellent source of immune-boosting vitamin C. According to the Produce for Better Health Foundation, you want to choose firm, compact, bright green Brussels sprouts heads without nicks or torn/yellowing leaves. If there are damaged leaves you can simply remove them. Try to buy Brussels sprouts still on the stalk and do not wash or trim until just before use.
How to Serve Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you're still unsure about Brussels sprouts, you don't have to eat them plain! I love to dip them in my Vegan Sour Cream or use it as a drizzle overtop. I don't think I've ever met a recipe that isn't made better with Caramelized Onions! You could also serve them with my Best Vegan Paleo Homemade Ranch Dressing or Three-Ingredient Vegan Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce. For a festive holiday table, sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on top and watch everyone fall in love with these Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
This easy Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is vegan (no meat, dairy, or eggs!), soy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free. It's also paleo and keto! Truly everyone at your table could enjoy this side dish! I hope you try it, love it, and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations. It would make my day if you left a review below, which helps me more than you know!
More Simple Sides Featuring Veggies
- 10 Tips for Actually Crispy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Maple Sugar Roasted Kabocha Squash
- Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic
- Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots
- Easy Sesame Garlic Sautéed Purple Cabbage
- One-Skillet Garlic Asparagus with Sesame Seeds
- Roasted Green Cabbage with Green Tahini Sauce
This Crispy Brussels Sprouts recipe is positively addictive thanks to a crispy, golden brown outside and perfectly seasoned inside!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 11 ounces small Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- ½ teaspoon fine salt (divided)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat a 12-inch cast iron skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Once hot add the oil. Place halved Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer in the skillet. Make sure they are not touching. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Allow to cook undisturbed for 5-10 minutes. Once you see their edges get golden brown use tongs or two forks to flip each Brussels sprouts half individually onto the other side. The timing will depend on the size/thickness of your Brussels sprouts.
- Once all Brussels sprouts have been flipped, sprinkle them with ¼ teaspoon salt to season the other side. Then, use oven mitts and transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely to ensure they do not burn. Remove the skillet from the oven as soon as they are golden brown. Toss in the pan. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with my vegan sour cream as a dip or drizzle the vegan sour cream overtop. For a festive spin on this side dish garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove + Oven
Keywords: crispy brussels sprouts