Sometimes we just need a little hot cocoa to pass the long, cold days of winter. This spicy and luxurious drink will warm you from the inside out on a chilly day. It is made from scratch using the perfect blend of spices for a spectacular sweet and spicy decadent combo.
Made with creamy plant-based milk, it is super thick – all without a hint of dairy. It is lightly sweetened and full of rich dark chocolate flavor. Add it to your Valentine’s Day menu for a steamy romantic drink to sip fireside with your loved one!
vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite plant-based milk such as coconut, hemp, oat or rice milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-op unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Co-op fine grain sea salt
- For Garnish: 1 Frontier Co-op cinnamon stick and/or sprinkle of Frontier Co-op ground cayenne pepper
- Combine milk and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass container.
- Heat milk and chocolate chips in the microwave (2-3 minutes on high).
- Alternatively, you can heat them on the stovetop until they reach a boil.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Pour the heated milk and melted chocolate into a blender and add remaining ingredients (cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and spices).
- Blend for 10 seconds on the blender’s highest speed and then 5 seconds on the lowest speed to make the drink frothy.
- Immediately pour the drink into a mug and garnish as desired.
- Enjoy immediately while hot.
- Category: Beverage
This post is sponsored by Frontier Co-op. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Find out how Frontier helps me Cook with Purpose and why I love their spices. You can also find this hot chocolate recipe on Frontier’s site here.