If you want to eat a cookie and feel really good about it, then this is the cookie for you. I cannot imagine a healthier cookie, plus they actually taste incredible.
These soft and chewy cookies are refined sugar-free, butter-free, oil-free, vegan and gluten-free. They are full of nutritious ingredients including oats, flaxseed and almond butter.
Almonds are low in carbohydrates and high in protein. They also offer fiber, healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, iron and calcium. See my complete guide on Almonds Benefits for Vegans for nutrition facts, health benefits and the many ways to incorporate almonds into your recipes!
And best of all? They only require eight ingredients, one bowl and less than ten minutes of prep time.
In my opinion, cookies should be simple to make, healthy and delicious. These most definitely fit the bill. These chocolate chip cookies are the perfect healthy treat. I make at least one batch every week and my entire family just loves them.
I hope you all enjoy this nutritious and allergy-friendly cookie recipe. If you give it a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine so I can see you enjoying your awesome creations.
These easy, 8-ingredient vegan and gluten-free cookies are the perfect nutritious treat. They are refined sugar-free and full of healthy ingredients including oats, flaxseed and almond butter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt.
- Using a hand mixer, blend in the wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a retractable cookie dough scoop, place cookie dough on baking sheet. The recipe makes about 15 cookies if you use 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Roll each ball together between your hands and slightly flatten each cookie. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cookies immediately or store in an airtight container on your counter for up to 3 days.
* To make your own oat flour, simply add ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats to a mini food processor and process for 30 seconds until a fine flour forms.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Dessert