Let's Make Chocolate Bark!
Want to learn how to make chocolate bark? This chocolate bark recipe is rich and decadent and combines with creamy sunflower butter and crispy brown rice cereal to create a fudgy and slightly crunchy treat. This quick, easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for a nutritious Halloween or Valentine's Day or any chocolate fix.
This fudgy and crispy chocolate bark is nut-free, soy-free, vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy. You can feel good knowing each bite is full of antioxidant rich-dark chocolate, whole grain cereal and protein rich sunflower butter. Sunflower butter contains heart healthy dietary fiber and is an excellent source of vitamin E, folate, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium. It is also a good source of vitamin B6, iron and zinc. So you are getting loads of nutrients and fiber in every bite of this chocolate bark.
This chocolate bark recipe was a huge hit to make (and of course eat) with my three year old. Because it doesn't require any complex steps or baking it made it easy for her to participate in the creation and feel part of the whole recipe. And if a three year old can make this recipe, so can you! 😉
If you give this chocolate bark dessert a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram so we can be chocolate obsessed buddies. Happy early Valentine’s Day, friends!
Give these other chocolate treats a try!
- Fudgy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate
- The Best Vegan and Refined Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars
- Vegan No-Nut-Butter Chocolate Eggs
- Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
The Best Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Rich and decadent chocolate bark combines with creamy sunflower butter and brown rice crisp cereal to create a fudgy and crispy treat. This quick, easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for a nutritious Valentine's Day chocolate fix. These fudgy sunflower crispies are nut-free, soy-free, vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy. You can feel good knowing each bite is full of antioxidant rich-dark chocolate, whole grain cereal and protein rich sunflower butter.
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy sunflower butter or raw almond butter*
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. I like to coat my chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon avocado oil or any vegetable oil before microwaving to ensure they melt well.
- Stir using a mini spatula to ensure chocolate has fully melted. Add the nut or seed butter and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the cereal until well combined.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and use a mini spatula to spread out the mixture until it is in an even layer and about ¼ inch thick. Alternatively, you can place the mixture in individual muffin liners in a mini muffin tin. This will create individual pre-portioned candies. I sometimes do a combination of both where I put some of the mixture in the muffin tin and some on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet and/or muffin tin in your freezer for 2 hours until it is fully hardened.
- Break the bark into pieces and enjoy immediately straight out of the freezer. Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.
* You can use any nut or seed butter. I recommend raw, unsalted, unsweetened. I also recommend using a new jar or a jar that has a smooth consistency and has not "hardened" or it will be difficult to stir into the chocolate.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply