This is hands down my favorite way to make sweet potatoes! They’re No-Fuss Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes, cooked to crispy-on-the-outside perfection and bursting with the perfect sweet and salty flavor combination. I love serving them on bowls, in salads, or just as a side dish that everyone asks for more of!
This is my favorite way to make sweet potatoes. They are loaded with sweet and savory flavor and caramelized to perfection. This is a great meal prep recipe if you want to double or triple the recipe! I am ALWAYS excited when I remember I have a batch of these in the refrigerator. They just make any snack time or meal filling and delicious! These No-Fuss Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes make an incredible snack or side dish! I also love serving them as part of a bowl with rice and veggies or on top of a salad to bulk it up a bit and make it more filling (and flavorful!). It’s a 30-minute recipe that’s so easy to double or even triple. I love it so much that I’m always happy to have these flavorful taters on hand!
All About Sweet Potatoes
I enjoy sweet potatoes practically every week. Not only are they filling and taste incredible but they provide immune-boosting vitamin A and C (check out that orange color!). They also offer dietary fiber and potassium. They’re somehow both a health food AND a comfort food! Compared to russet potatoes, sweet potatoes have similar calorie content but offer more fiber. Plus, one medium sweet potato offers almost 700% of your daily recommend intake of vitamin A, while russets offer none. Sweet potatoes offer almost double the amount of vitamin C as compared to russets. (Source)
Seasonings for Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes
I use a really simple but flavorful seasoning blend to bring these sweet potatoes ALIVE! I use avocado oil as a base and then add in seasonings. You probably already have all of these spices in your cupboard!
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I start by adding the sliced sweet potatoes to a parchment-lined baking sheet and tossing them in avocado oil. Spread them on the pan so they aren’t touching–this is the trick to perfect roasting! Overlapping sweet potatoes will steam instead of roast, and we want that little bit of crisp on the outside. Season them evenly and give it a good toss so everything is coated. Bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, then toss them and roast for 10 more minutes. They should be golden brown! You can easily double or triple this recipe. If you do, I recommend adding 1 additional sheet pan per sweet potato to ensure the pan is not overcrowded.
Once they’re perfectly roasted, I love to serve these seasoned baked sweet potatoes with some of our favorite dips and sauces.
This recipe is vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free. If you give this recipe a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your perfectly crisped baked sweet potatoes!
More Vegan and Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Recipes
All of these recipes are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, meat-free and refined sugar-free:Print
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks (1 pound of sweet potatoes total)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt (after roasting)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chopped sweet potatoes on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, onion powder, paprika and garlic powder (not salt yet) using two large metal spoons. Spread the seasoned sweet potato cubes into one even layer. Make sure the sweet potato chunks are spaced out and not touching one another or they will steam and not roast.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss and make another 7-10 minutes watching them closely at the end to avoid burning.
- Once they are done cooking, remove from oven. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Enjoy immediately while hot.
- Store leftovers once fully cooled to room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes