Vegan Gingerbread Steamers are one of my favorite warm fall and winter drinks. I created this slow cooker version because I love letting the flavors simmer together. It tastes just like a gingerbread latte but without the caffeine or added refined sugar. Adults adore it and kids will love that they get to enjoy it, too. You may need to invest in a good travel mug because you'll want to take a cup of this with you everywhere you go this winter!
With an almond milk base and all of the holiday's best spices added in, I'm convinced this Vegan Gingerbread Steamers recipe is as good as it gets on a chilly day.
Vegan Gingerbread Steamers with Ingredients From Sprouts
I partnered with Sprouts to create this warm and comforting recipe. As a home chef always looking for vegan ingredients I'm so grateful for a one-stop grocery store! These Vegan Slow Cooker Gingerbread Steamers are made using whole spices, ginger root, and vanilla bean. Letting them cook in the slow cooker brings such robust depth of flavor to this steamer, it's absolutely irresistible! I've mentioned before how much I love the bulk bins at Sprouts. It's a really efficient way to buy the exact amount of any ingredient you need! You can stock up on ingredient you use all the time or buy just a little bit of a specialty item.
These Vegan Gingerbread Steamers are also great for entertaining. This recipe will make your whole house smell amazing, you can prepare it ahead of time, and the slow cooker will keep it warm as everyone serves themselves at different times. Take it to a cookie decorating party or just make it to enjoy while you do your own holiday baking! It's so, so good to have after you come in from playing in the cold...or for when you want to FEEL like you just came in from playing in the cold, haha!
What is Gingerbread?
Gingerbread is usually found as a baked good, but you can bring the flavors to a steamer with ginger, vanilla bean, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon! It's nostalgic and warm and I've created the perfect blend of spices to make these vegan steamers taste like a cookie fresh out of the oven.
Refined Sugar-Free Steamer
I sweetened these Vegan Gingerbread Steamers naturally with Sprouts organic maple syrup. It is aromatic and warming and is filled with classic gingerbread flavor! It's also made with cinnamon, sweet vanilla, warm nutmeg and allspice, rich cloves and spicy ginger. It's spicy, rich, and pairs perfectly with your favorite holiday sweets.
This Vegan Gingerbread Steamers recipe is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Everyone on your guest list can enjoy it!
More Sweet Holiday Recipes and Cozy Beverages
All of these recipes are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free:
Gingerbread Steamer (made with ground spices in your blender)
Gluten-Free and Vegan Sugar Cookies
Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
No-Cook Vegan Chocolate PuddingPrint
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Steamers
- Total Time: 3 minute
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Vegan Gingerbread Steamers are one of my favorite warm fall and winter drinks! It's a perfect treat to enjoy with holiday baking.
- 4 C unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ C pure maple syrup
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ¼-in. ginger root, peeled
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice
- 2 whole nutmeg
- Garnish with homemade coconut whipped cream, a dusting of ground cinnamon and/or cinnamon sticks if desired
- Add 4 cups almond milk, ⅓ cup maple syrup, 2 vanilla beans, 4 cinnamon sticks, ¼-inch of peeled ginger root, 8 whole cloves, 4 whole allspice, and 2 whole nutmeg to slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours. You can also use the slow cooker function on an Instant Pot.
- Remove whole ingredients and discard. For best results, pour the entire mixture over a fine mesh strainer positioned over a large mixing bowl with a pour spout. You can also use a slotted ladle to remove the whole ingredients.
- Stir well and put the slow cooker on the “warm/keep hot” setting to heat the steamers for serving. Taste just before serving and add more maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time if a sweeter taste is desired. You can also add a tiny pinch of salt to bring out the flavors if desired. Ladle the hot gingerbread steamer into mugs and garnish each mug with homemade coconut whipped cream, a dusting of ground cinnamon and/or cinnamon sticks if desired. Enjoy while steamy hot!
If you do not have whole spices or a slow cooker use this recipe for easy blender gingerbread steamers.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 2-3 hours
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Slow Cooker
This post is sponsored by Sprouts. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply