I often get asked for recipe ideas that utilize the leftover almond pulp that results from making homemade almond milk. There are so many ways to use it so that it does not go to waste. I love to use almond pulp in baked goods or to make almond meal or almond meal crackers. I’m going to keep adding recipes like these to the site to share my ideas with you.
Today, I’m starting with the easiest of all – a smoothie that uses all the almond pulp from making one batch of homemade almond milk. It couldn’t be easier to make and is full of authentic almond flavor from the almond meal. I enhanced it with a drop of almond extract too!
I know you all are going to absolutely love this easy almond pulp smoothie! It is gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, soy-free, refined sugar-free and peanut-free. If you give it a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see you enjoying your almond pulp smoothie creations. Cheers!Print
This quick and easy smoothie is absolutely delicious and the perfect way to use up your leftover almond pulp from making homemade almond milk! It gives the smoothie great body, texture and flavor. I love it combined with the strawberry vanilla flavors. It is naturally sweetened with dates (plus the strawberries and almonds naturally add sweetness as well).
- Leftover almond pulp from making one batch of my homemade almond milk (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 large, pitted Medjool dates (or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Boost It (optional): 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ground flaxseeds and/or hemp seeds
- Garnish ideas: sliced strawberries, frozen raspberries, frozen blackberries, unsweetened shredded coconut, raspberry chia jam, almond butter
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients except the ice cubes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice cubes and blend again until no ice chunks remain. Taste and adjust sweetness and flavors as desired.
- Pour into one or two glasses with thin strawberry slices pressed against the inside of the glass (see pictures). Garnish to your liking (pictured is with frozen berries and unsweetened shredded coconut).
- Grab a spoon and dig right in!
Keywords: almond pulp recipes, strawberry, smoothie