The perfect edible jack-o-lantern: orange bell peppers! Get your kids in on the fun and have them choose what kind of spooky face to carve into these Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns!
Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns
Have you ever seen a spookier snack?! Orange bell peppers are the perfect base for these Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns. Filling them with hummus just adds to their creepiness! I love how they look when the hummus starts spilling over. It always makes my kids laugh, too! Choose your favorite hummus to fill it up: Quick & Easy Creamy Hummus or my favorite seasonal Garlic Pumpkin Hummus. You could even make this with a Green Hummus for a classic slime look. Everyone loves seeing the spooky faces you create, and they're so fun to pull apart and dip in the hummus!
I hope you have fun with these vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and paleo Halloween Hummus & Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns! If you make them, please tag me on Instagram so I can cheer you on in your Halloween festivities.
More Vegan Halloween Fun
- Allergen-free Halloween candy you can make at home: Easy Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars (vegan + gluten-free), Homemade Almond Joy Bars (vegan + paleo), Vegan Almond Butter Cups (refined sugar-free + gluten-free), Homemade Vegan Chocolate (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipe Roundup
- Ultimate Halloween Recipe Roundup (vegan + gluten-free)
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot and How to Make Pumpkin Puree (easy oven method)
- Dye-Free Vegan Candy Corn Smoothie
- Healthy Halloween Toast (No Waste + Vegan)
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Halloween Fun with Food: Clementine Pumpkins, Haunted Houses, One-Eyed Apple Monsters, Date & Pretzel Spiders, Boo-Nana Ghost Bananas
Halloween Fun With Food: Hummus & Bell Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns
Fill these Bell Pepper Jack-o-Lanterns with your favorite hummus for the spookiest vegan Halloween snack around!
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 1 batch of my Quick and Easy Creamy Hummus or Pumpkin Garlic Hummus
- Slice the top off each bell pepper and use a knife to cut out the insides of the bell pepper (including the seeds). Discard the insides/seeds and reserve the top with the stem. If the bell pepper doesn't sit level slice a sliver off the bottom so that it will.
- Use a sharp knife (the tip needs to be very sharp) to cut a jack-o-lantern face into the bell pepper. Spoon hummus into the bell pepper and place the top back on.
Leave a Reply