Spooky Halloween Haunted Houses are so fun for kids to make and eat! Guacamole and grain-free crackers create the house, and you can fill the yard with your favorite spooky characters!
I use grain-free Simple Mills almond flour crackers and pita chips to make these little Halloween Haunted Houses! Guacamole acts as the glue that holds them together and the best part is that you don't have to be perfectly tidy. If guacamole spills out and over the edges it just adds to the slimy, spooky overall effect! I use the avocado skin to cut little windows, doors, and chimneys. All of my Halloween Fun with Food treats work well as yard decorations next to these houses!
I hope you have fun with these vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and paleo Halloween Haunted Houses! If you make them, please tag me on Instagram and leave a review below so I can cheer you on in your Halloween festivities.
More Vegan Halloween Fun
- Allergen-free Halloween candy you can make at home: Easy Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars (vegan + gluten-free), Homemade Almond Joy Bars (vegan + paleo), Vegan Almond Butter Cups (refined sugar-free + gluten-free), Homemade Vegan Chocolate (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipe Roundup
- Ultimate Halloween Recipe Roundup (vegan + gluten-free)
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot and How to Make Pumpkin Puree (easy oven method)
- Dye-Free Vegan Candy Corn Smoothie
- Healthy Halloween Toast (No Waste + Vegan)
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Halloween Fun with Food: Clementine Pumpkins, Hummus & Bell Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns, One-Eyed Apple Monsters, Date & Pretzel Spiders, Boo-Nana Ghost Bananas
Make Halloween Haunted Houses with gluten-free crackers and guacamole! This vegan and refined sugar-free treat that makes October extra fun.
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed (save the skin for the windows and doors) - [season with a little salt and a squeeze of lime. you can also add red onions, jalapeños and cilantro if desired]
- 14-16 crackers (I used Simple Mills grain-free almond flour crackers and pita chips)
- blackberries for bushes (optional)
- BOO-nanas in background
- clementine pumpkins in background
- strawberry tops (just the green leaves) as bushes behind the blackberries
- Place a thin rectangle of guacamole on a plate or small serving board. This is the foundation of the haunted house and helps the crackers stabilize. Balance the crackers to make a house and use the pita chips (triangles) for the rooftop sides of the house. Place more crackers from the front door toward the front of the platter/plate to make a sidewalk. Put guacamole between the crackers.
- Decorate the haunted house with avocado skin as chimney, windows and door. Add a guacamole door handle. Add blackberries and strawberry tops (just the green leaves) for bushes if desired.
- Place BOO-nanas and clementine pumpkins in the background of the haunted house for the full effect!