Make Halloween Haunted Houses with gluten-free crackers and guacamole! This vegan and refined sugar-free treat that makes October extra fun.
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed (save the skin for the windows and doors) - [season with a little salt and a squeeze of lime. you can also add red onions, jalapeños and cilantro if desired]
- 14-16 crackers (I used Simple Mills grain-free almond flour crackers and pita chips)
- blackberries for bushes (optional)
- BOO-nanas in background
- clementine pumpkins in background
- strawberry tops (just the green leaves) as bushes behind the blackberries
- Place a thin rectangle of guacamole on a plate or small serving board. This is the foundation of the haunted house and helps the crackers stabilize. Balance the crackers to make a house and use the pita chips (triangles) for the rooftop sides of the house. Place more crackers from the front door toward the front of the platter/plate to make a sidewalk. Put guacamole between the crackers.
- Decorate the haunted house with avocado skin as chimney, windows and door. Add a guacamole door handle. Add blackberries and strawberry tops (just the green leaves) for bushes if desired.
- Place BOO-nanas and clementine pumpkins in the background of the haunted house for the full effect!