When it comes to weeknight meals, it just doesn't get easier than this. Gather ingredients, put them in a dish, and pop it in the oven. That's it! It's a no-stress dish that the entire family can enjoy!
It's the weeknight meal you deserve: absolutely delicious, comforting, and filling, while also being so incredibly easy to make. This easy vegan pasta bake recipe is a weeknight dinner winner!
For this recipe you will need:
- Olive oil
- Gluten-free short cut pasta
- Marinara sauce
- Red onion
- Fine salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Zucchini (good source of vitamin A, fiber, potassium and carotenoids)
- Homemade vegan cashew cream
- Fresh baby spinach
- Fresh parsley to garnish
See the recipe card for precise measurements and instructions.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
Step 2: Place dry pasta, marinara sauce, water, onion, garlic, zucchini and spices in the baking dish and stir well to incorporate.
Step 3: Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes.
Step 4: Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil. Stir in the vegan cashew cream and spinach while still hot. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
I especially love how easy this recipe would be to make and deliver to a friend. You could assemble everything but the vegan cashew cream, spinach, and fresh herbs, and deliver it with cooking instructions. It would be perfect for a friend or family member who has just moved or had a new baby, someone who is feeling under the weather, or to comfort a loved one navigating some rough times. I always think food is the best gift!
You can store any leftover pasta bake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or oven and enjoy! The pasta bake tastes even better the next day.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have gone through all of my reader's comments on this post and added some helpful tips and tricks to make sure your vegan pasta bake always tastes amazing.
Which gluten-free pasta is the best?
My favorite gluten-free pasta is made by the brand Jovial, which you can find in most grocery stores. Your favorite brand would work great here, though. You could even use regular pasta if your family eats gluten! The beauty of this recipe is just how versatile it is.
What marinara sauce can I use for this recipe?
This recipe calls for a 28-oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce. I always grab Rao's when I need a good store-bought sauce! If you want to make your own sauce, I show you how in this recipe. Both ways produce a flavorful, savory, and hearty vegan pasta bake!
How to cook pasta bake in oven?
Make sure you seal the baking dish as tightly as you can with aluminium foil before baking. If too much moisture escapes during baking, your pasta bake could come out dry and undercooked.
After baking the pasta bake for the first 45 minutes, remove from the oven and taste test one of the pasta pieces. It should be perfectly cooked and al dente. If the pasta is dry or too hard, then add a splash more water. mix well and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Repeat if necessary until pasta is cooked through.
Vegan Creamy Pasta
A lot of the creamy, perfect texture in this pasta bake comes from my Easy Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream! This cashew cream adds so much delicious flavor to all of your favorite dishes. It makes this No-Boil Pasta Bake absolutely out of this world. The vegan cashew cream also adds some awesome plant-based protein! Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
This recipe is vegan, soy-free, peanut-free, and gluten-free!
More Pasta Recipes
This creamy pasta bake recipe is vegan, soy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, raw and nut-free. If you give it a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your delicious vegan creamy pasta bake creations!Print
It's the weeknight dinner winner! This no-boil creamy vegan pasta bake is made with gluten-free pasta, fresh veggies, and creamy marinara sauce. It's a no-stress dish that the entire family can enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (short-cut variety such as penne or rottini)
- 28 ounces jarred marinara sauce (I like Rao's the best)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 4. large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized on blade C and roughly chopped
- 1 batch homemade vegan cashew cream (learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.)
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Optional: garnish with fresh parsley and/or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Place dry pasta, marinara sauce, water, onion, garlic, zucchini and spices in the baking dish and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil. Stir in the vegan cashew cream and spinach while still hot. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
Baking time may vary based on the type of noodle are you using. If your noodles are not cooked through, re-cover the baking dish with the aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes. If it seems dry, add more marinara sauce or water before baking for additional time.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: no-boil pasta bake