This is an Easy Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce that I serve over our favorite gluten-free pasta topped with sautéed broccoli. Everyone craves it!
- 1 cups raw cashews, soaked in advance, then drained and rinsed*
- 3/4 cups unsweetened plain almond milk or oat milk
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Serve with any pasta (this makes enough for 12 ounces of pasta) and 1 batch of my Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic for a delicious meal!
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed for one minute until perfectly smooth and creamy. Use this sauce overtop your favorite hot pasta.
- I love to serve this sauce overtop pasta and my Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic for a delicious and easy meal that my entire family loves. Even the little ones!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*To soak the cashews, place in a large container and fill with 2 cups of filtered water. Soak for 8 hours for best results. If you are short on time you can give them a quick soak using boiling water for about an hour. Either way you want to completely drain the soaking water and rinse the cashews well before using in the this recipe. The cashews will absorb some of the soaking water and swell so the measurement post-soaking will be slightly more than 1/5 cups and that is okay. Just measure the cashews before you soak them and use all soaked cashews for this recipe. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
Optional: add 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast to this recipe for a cheesy flavor and nutrition boost.
Note: The sauce will thicken slightly when stored in the refrigerator after a couple of hours. Thin out the sauce with pasta water or filtered water if desired before using. Reserve the pasta water from cooking your pasta and add this to the creamy vegan pasta sauce if you need to thin it out a bit. Add just 1/2 ladle of reserved pasta water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan creamy pasta sauce