The best way to cool off in the summertime is with this Cucumber Melon Spritzer made with refreshing ingredients and sparkling water.
- 1/2 ripe lemon drop melon, rind and seeds removed, chopped (~2 cups chopped)*
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (skin on)
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves (large stems removed)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional if your melon is not very sweet)**
- ice for serving
- sparkling water for topping off (I love Topo Chico sparkling mineral water)
- Garnish Options: cucumber slices and fresh mint leaves
- To a high speed blender, add 2 cups chopped Lemon Drop melon, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1 handful fresh mint leaves, 1/4 cup filtered water and 1 teaspoon maple syrup (if using). Start on low speed and gradually adjust to the highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds on the highest speed.
- Position a large fine mesh strainer over a medium sized mixing bowl with a pour spout. Pour the mixture from the blender into the fine mesh strainer. Use a spoon to move the mixture around the strainer to allow more of the juice to drop into the mixing bowl. This should yield about 1 cup of strained juice.
- Fill 3 large glasses with ice cubes. Divide the strained mixture between the three glasses filling each about halfway. Top glasses off with sparkling water until the glass is full.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and mint. Enjoy immediately with a glass straw.
* You can use honeydew melon if your local grocery store doesn't have lemon drop melons available.
**omit the maple syrup to make this a Whole30 compliant beverage.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
Keywords: cucumber melon spritzer