Make an entire fruit salad into super fun and cute Apple Christmas Trees! Start with sliced apples and then add your favorite colorful fruits for ornaments, garland, and even a star on top!
I am absolutely in love with all of the colors in this Apple Christmas Tree. From the pineapple star to the Vegan Caramel Sauce garland, the berry and pomegranate ornaments to the shredded coconut snow, it's all just so sweet. This would be delicious to serve with a bowl of my Creamy Vegan Cinnamon Vanilla Fruit Dip!
There are so many ways to make these Apple Christmas Tree decorations your own! Try a drizzle of Almond Butter or Healthy Homemade Nutella instead of caramel sauce, use different colored berries or nuts as ornaments, or add some chocolate chips or Coconut Whipped Cream snow on the ground!
This Apple Christmas Tree recipe is gluten-free, vegan (no dairy or eggs!), refined sugar-free, and soy-free. Check out the full Christmas Fun with Food post! It has wreaths, trees, reindeer, and snowmen, all created out of healthy ingredients and fun, festive touches. Make sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a review if you make any of these fun recipes!
More Christmas Recipes & Fun
- Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Pancakes - Reindeer, Santa, & Snowman Pancakes
- Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide
- Vegan Paleo Easy DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub (Candy Cane Themed for Holiday Gifting)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers or Blender Hot Chocolate (vegan + paleo
Make an entire fruit salad into super fun and cute Apple Christmas Trees! Start with sliced apples, then add your favorite colorful fruits!
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced (for the tree) [kiwi slices or honeydew also work here]
- pineapple (for the star)
- pomegranate seeds (for tree decorations)
- raspberries (for tree decorations)
- Banana (for trunk)
- Instant vegan caramel sauce or almond butter (for garland)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (for snow)
- Arrange apple slices in two columns that tough with the apples angled slightly down to resemble a pine tree. See photos.
- Decorate your tree with pomegranate seeds and raspberries.
- Add a 3-inch chunk of banana beneath the apple slices in the center (this is the trunk of the tree). Youc an also use pretzel sticks here.
- Add a pineapple chunk for the star. If you have a small star cookie cutter you could use that here and cut the pineapple into the shape of a star.
- Drizzle caramel sauce (or almond butter) overtop the apple slices. This is the tree garland.
- Sprinkle the tree and background (plate) with coconut for the snow. You can add a pile of coconut at the bottom of the plate/platter to look like a pile of snow. Enjoy. Serve alongside more caramel sauce and/or my vegan creamy cinnamon vanilla fruit dip.
*Soak apple slices in water with a little fresh lemon juice mixed in to prevent the apple slices from browning if you plan to not consume immediately.
Recipe adapted from Clean and Scentsible
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Snack