Sometimes I need a chocolate fix and usually those times correspond with when I’m feeling lazy 😉 Well good news! This recipe is perfect for that moment! A simple, no-bake and speedy dessert recipe that is full of healthful quinoa and chia seeds. These adorable and delectable chocolate bites are bound together with sunflower seed butter and sweetened with a touch of maple syrup or agave. I added a touch of vanilla and sea salt to enhance the flavor. They are perfect little bites of chocolate heaven. They are so incredibly fudgy and rich that you will be satisfied after just one.
This recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, oil-free, butter-free, refined sugar-free and vegan. They come together in less than 5 minutes and then you just pop them in your freezer to set. I usually do mine overnight but 3 hours is enough time for them to harden. You will want to enjoy these fudgy bites straight out of the freezer. This recipe works great for warmer weather months when you don’t want to crank up your oven. It is one of those no-fuss, go-to recipes that I just love. You are not left with a lot of mess and the results are so rewarding for minimal effort. My kind of recipe!
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (see my post on How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or agave)
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of fine grain sea salt (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- Line a small baking sheet or any flat surface with wax or parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Scoop tiny bite-sized spoonfuls onto the baking sheet (about 12 total). Place baking sheet into the freezer and allow to set for 3 hours until bites are fully hardened. I usually leave overnight and enjoy the next day.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer. The fudgy bites will start to soften at room temperature after about 7-10 minutes. I typically take them out one at a time and enjoy immediately.