These easy No-Bake Fudgy Quinoa-Chia Bites are a fudgy bite of chocolate heaven. They are naturally sweetened and loaded with healthful ingredients like quinoa, chia seeds, cacao powder and any nut or seed butter. They are soy-free, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and peanut-free with a nut-free option.
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (see my post on How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa on the Stovetop and How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa in the Instant Pot)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup any unsalted nut or seed butter* (sunflower, cashew, almond etc.)**
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of fine grain salt
- Line a small baking sheet or any flat surface with wax or parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon retractable scoop to create tiny bite-sized spoonfuls and place onto the lined baking sheet (9-10 total). Place baking sheet on a flat surface in the freezer and allow to set for 3 hours until bites are fully hardened. I usually leave overnight and enjoy the next day.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer. The fudgy bites will start to soften at room temperature after about 7-10 minutes. I typically take them out one at a time and enjoy immediately.
*I like the flavor better with unsweetened cocoa powder.
**Be sure your nut or seed butter is runny and not hardened. If it is a new jar stir well to fully incorporate the oils. My favorite is raw almond butter from Trader Joe’s.
Pro Tip: sprinkle flaky sea salt on top for that salty, sweet chocolate combo that never disappoints!
- Category: Dessert or Snack
- Method: No-Bake
Keywords: no-bake fudgy quinoa chia bites