Add some Rudolph fun to your snack time with Reindeer Energy Bites! These nutritious snack bites are decorated with gluten-free pretzel antlers and fresh fruit for a super fun and healthy Christmas bite!
How to Make Reindeer Energy Bites
I don't think I ever realized just how cute my energy bites could be! Adding pretzel antlers, eyes made from Cheerios and vegan chocolate chips, and a red raspberry nose created the sweetest little Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Energy Bites, all ready to join in the reindeer games. My No-Bake Date Coconut Energy Bites are lighter in color, so I added cocoa powder to turn them reindeer-brown. They're the perfect addition to your holiday season!
This Reindeer Energy Bites recipe is gluten-free, vegan (no dairy or eggs!), refined sugar-free, and soy-free. Check out the full Christmas Fun with Food post! It has wreaths, trees, reindeer, and snowmen, all created out of healthy ingredients and fun, festive touches. Make sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a review if you make any of these fun recipes!
More Christmas Recipes & Fun
- Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Pancakes - Reindeer, Santa, & Snowman Pancakes
- Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide
- Vegan Paleo Easy DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub (Candy Cane Themed for Holiday Gifting)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers or Blender Hot Chocolate (vegan + paleo)
Add some fun to snack time with Reindeer Energy Bites, decorated with pretzel antlers and fresh fruit for a fun and healthy Christmas bite!
For the reindeer head
- No-Bake Date Coconut Energy Bites
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (mixed into the energy bites to make it brown)
- pretzel twists (gluten-free if desired - I love From the Ground Up Cauliflower Pretzel Twists)
- vegan cashew icing for "glue" to help the decorations stick (if needed)
- Cherrios or other O-shaped gluten-free cereal for the eyes
- mini vegan chocolate chips for the eyes
- fresh raspberries for Rudolph's red nose
- Prepare the energy bites, adding ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the food processor to make the energy bites brown. Roll into balls. You can make the reindeer heads ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then, decorate before enjoying. Decoration instructions next....
- To decorate, break the pretzel twists into pieces to create antler shapes. Stick into the top of the energy ball to create the antlers. Place dots of icing where the eyes and nose will go. Place the cereal and chocolate chip onto the icing where the eyes are located. Place the raspberry where the nose will go. You can break a piece off the raspberry if the raspberry is too large. You can also use freeze dried raspberries here.
Adapted from Haute and Healthy Living