This grain-free granola produces amazing clusters and is so simple to make. It is vegan, refined sugar-free and full of wholesome ingredients. Best of all, it comes together quickly with little hands-on time. I love it on smoothies, chia pudding bowls or just straight off the pan. It makes a cute food gift too!
More and more I’ve been getting requests for grain-free recipes. I have been experimenting with grain-free granola and I’ve nailed the perfect combo. It involves sliced almonds, unsweetened flaked coconut, pepitas, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and blanched almond flour. The almond flour helps it clump a bit more.
I was surprised that it tastes just as amazing as oat-based granola. It is full of nutrients and is refined sugar-free.
I bake it at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes tossing halfway through. It comes out perfectly golden brown this way.
I hope you enjoy this grain-free granola recipe as much as our family does! It is gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, soy-free and peanut-free. If you give it a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see you enjoying your creations.Print
This recipe produces perfect clusters and tastes absolutely incredible. It is 100% grain-free so it works for gluten-free and paleo diets.
I love to snack on it or use it to top my smoothie bowls, yogurt, parfaits and chia seed pudding. It is full of plant-based protein and important nutrients to fuel your day.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup shelled raw pepitas
- 1/2 cup raw white sesame seeds (or substitute hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients using a large wooden spoon. Mix in the wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract). Stir until the dry ingredients are fully and evenly coated. Transfer the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into one thin even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes tossing halfway through.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for an hour before breaking it up into granola clusters/chunks. The longer you allow it to sit untouched the better the clusters will be..
- Store in a large glass mason jar or container with a lid at room temperature for up to one week.
Keywords: paleo granola, grain-free recipes, grain-free granola