Tahini, lemon, garlic and Dijon get whisked together to create the most incredible homemade vegan salad dressing! Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing adds the perfect finishing touch to your favorite salads, bowl and wraps. It also makes an addictive and nutritious raw veggie dip.
Do you make your own salad dressings? Trust me when I say it makes a HUGE difference! I have never enjoyed salads at home more than when I make my own dressing. I can adjust the flavors so it's exactly as sweet, tangy, savory or garlicky as I'm in the mood for. This Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing is made with a short and simple ingredient list, but each addition is so flavorful that it results in a smooth, creamy sauce that you'll want to use on top of every dish!
Ingredients in Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing
I always have these ingredients on hand, which is awesome because I love making this easy dressing! It's just right for drizzling on top of salads, bowls or wraps.
- Tahini - Use well-stirred, runny tahini for this dressing. I like the brand Soom!
- Lemon - I used the juice of one large lemon for this dressing. The acidity of the lemon seems to make every other flavor just a little more distinct!
- Garlic - Use a garlic press to create garlic that stirs evenly into every bite of your dressing! I love this garlic press, which you can get for 10% off with my code ELAINE.
- Maple Syrup - Pure maple is my sweetener of choice! It keeps my recipes free of refined sugar and is made from just the sap of maple trees. It's different than the table syrup you would use on waffles or pancakes!
- Dijon mustard - I love the way the tangy, slightly spicy Dijon flavor pairs with tahini and garlic. It creates a layered, delicious dressing for really delicious meals!
- Salt - Start with just half a teaspoon, then taste and adjust to your preference.
How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing
I will ALWAYS recommend making your own salad dressing! It's budget-friendly, takes just a minute or two, and lets you totally customize your dressing to your own preferences. You can make this Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing in a bowl with a whisk, or you can even measure the ingredients right into a Mason jar, give it a good shake and store it in the fridge!
All About Tahini
Tahini is sometimes called Mediterranean peanut butter! It's made from sesame seeds ground into a paste. It's a nut-free pantry staple that's packed with a surprising amount of nutrients! Tahini is a great source of fiber, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, iron, calcium, plant-based protein, and it has vitamin B and antioxidants galore. I stir my tahini really well every time I open the jar so the oils stay fully incorporated. Most recipes call for runny tahini, so keeping it stirred will maintain that good texture.
More tahini recipes I love:
Salads and Bowls for Tahini Dressing
I always have a couple good sauces and dressings in my refrigerator. They make any dish pop, and I love how they liven up leftovers! This Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing would be really good over any salad or bowl, but I especially like pouring it on my Simple Side Salad, Pear and Roasted Beet Arugula Salad, Roasted Veggies and Crispy Chickpeas Over Fluffy Quinoa or Vegan Chickpea Shawarma Bowl.
I also love to dip raw veggies such as red bell pepper and cucumbers in this dip. It is totally addictive.
This Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free! It's a really delicious allergy-friendly option to put on the table. If you make it, please tag me on Instagram so I can see what you pair it with! You can also leave a review below, which is so helpful.
More Vegan Homemade Dressings
- Best Vegan Paleo Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Easy Creamy Vegan Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Three-Ingredient Vegan Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Easy Green Onion Cashew Sauce (vegan + paleo)
- Easy Herb Tahini Sauce (vegan + paleo)
- The Best Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing
- Easy Mediterranean House Dressing (vegan + paleo)
- Dijon-Agave Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Herbed Tahini Sauce (vegan + paleo + Whole30-friendly)
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce
Easy Creamy Tahini Salad Dressing
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Tahini, lemon, garlic and Dijon get whisked together to create the most incredible Easy Creamy Tahini Dressing! I love it on salads or as a raw veggie dip.
- ¼ cup runny tahini (I love Soom tahini)
- 1 large juicy lemon, juiced
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water to thin as needed
- Add runny tahini, lemon juice, pressed garlic, maple syrup, dijon mustard and salt to a small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Start with 2 tablespoons of water to thin the dressing out. Add more as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- This makes enough for two medium sized salads. Pour the tahini dressing overtop chopped romaine or any salad greens. I love to serve with crispy chickpeas or hemp seeds for added plant-based protein.
- Store leftover dressing in a small airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. The dressing will thicken as it chills. Thin out by whisking in more water before serving again.
garlic press [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
glass storage containers with lid - smallBuy Now →
lemon squeezer [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dressing
Keywords: easy tahini salad dressing
I have never been a tahini fan but decided to give this recipe a try anyway, and wow, it was so simple and tasty! I used it on a quick salad for lunch and will definitely make it again in the future. Thank you!
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you, Marta! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this one so much. Thank you for letting me know! Best, Elaine
Sabrina Cella says
This is my staple recipe! Love it! Thanks for the amazing blog and Insta
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you so much! So happy to hear you love it and it has become a staple. And thank you for following along! Best, Elaine