The easiest way to add some holiday joy into snack time is with Easy Apple Wreaths! They're quick to make, fun to decorate, and filled with nutritious ingredients you'll feel great about.
I absolutely cannot get over how sweet these Apple Wreaths are. They're the December version of Apple Ring Sandwiches! My favorite touch is definitely the wreath bow, made from fresh mint or raspberry leaves! I spread a little bit of my Creamy Vegan Vanilla-Cinnamon Fruit Dip on each cored apple slice. This makes the coconut "snow" and pomegranate arils stick on, in addition to adding some really wonderful flavor (seriously...this creamy white fruit dip is addicting). You could also try Blender Vegan Vanilla Icing for a sweeter treat. Look for Lucy Glo or Lucy Rose apples, which have a reddish tint inside. Aren't they gorgeous?!
Check out the full Christmas Fun with Food post and make sure to tag me on Instagram if you make any of these fun recipes! I would also love it if you left a review below any recipes you make. Happy holidays!
More Christmas Recipes & Fun
- Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Pancakes - Reindeer, Santa, & Snowman Pancakes
- Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide
- Vegan Paleo Easy DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub (Candy Cane Themed for Holiday Gifting)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers or Blender Hot Chocolate (vegan + paleo)
The perfect December snack is Apple Wreaths, decorated with a drizzle of vegan vanilla fruit dip and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils!
- 1 red apple*, skin on, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch rounds (for wreaths)
- 1 green apple, skin on, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch rounds (for wreaths)
- Creamy Vegan Vanilla-Cinnamon Fruit Dip (thinned out if needed to drizzles) OR melted coconut butter (not coconut oil)**
- pomegranate arils (for wreath decorations)
- unsweetened shredded coconut flakes for "snow"
- raspberry and fresh mint leaves (for wreath bow)
- Place apple rounds on a serving platter. Discard the very ends of the apple or snack on them!
- Use a small circle cookie cutter to remove the seeds and create a wreath/ring shape.
- Drizzle fruit dip or melted coconut butter overtop the apples.
- Decorate with pomegranate arils.
- Add coconut flakes for snow to the "background" (and overtop apples if desired).
- Garnish each apple wreath with one raspberry with 1-2 mint leaves on either side of it for the wreath bow.
If you do not have coconut butter and do not have time to make the fruit dip (or have a nut or coconut allergy) you can use thinned out plant-based vanilla yogurt or vanilla frosting (thin it out with plant-based milk to drizzle it).
If you do not have a small round cookie cutter to cut out the center you can use an apple corer before you slice the apple so that when you slice it it is already in a ring shape. If you do not have either you can try using a paring knife to carve out the center of the apple.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack