The perfect December snack is Apple Wreaths, decorated with a drizzle of vegan vanilla fruit dip and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils!
- 1 red apple*, skin on, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds (for wreaths)
- 1 green apple, skin on, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds (for wreaths)
- Creamy Vegan Vanilla-Cinnamon Fruit Dip (thinned out if needed to drizzles) OR melted coconut butter (not coconut oil)**
- pomegranate arils (for wreath decorations)
- unsweetened shredded coconut flakes for "snow"
- raspberry and fresh mint leaves (for wreath bow)
- Place apple rounds on a serving platter. Discard the very ends of the apple or snack on them!
- Use a small circle cookie cutter to remove the seeds and create a wreath/ring shape.
- Drizzle fruit dip or melted coconut butter overtop the apples.
- Decorate with pomegranate arils.
- Add coconut flakes for snow to the "background" (and overtop apples if desired).
- Garnish each apple wreath with one raspberry with 1-2 mint leaves on either side of it for the wreath bow.
If you do not have coconut butter and do not have time to make the fruit dip (or have a nut or coconut allergy) you can use thinned out plant-based vanilla yogurt or vanilla frosting (thin it out with plant-based milk to drizzle it).
If you do not have a small round cookie cutter to cut out the center you can use an apple corer before you slice the apple so that when you slice it it is already in a ring shape. If you do not have either you can try using a paring knife to carve out the center of the apple.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack
Keywords: apple wreaths