This Vegan Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie is creamy, delicious, and made without bananas! It's loaded with nutrition and perfect flavor: bright wild blueberries and nutty almond butter, which combine into a smoothie that's quickly becoming a family favorite over here!
Have you ever combined berries and almond butter in a smoothie? If not, you're in for a real treat! There's something about a bright and juicy berry combined with nutty almond butter that just works perfectly. I love that this Wild Blueberry & Almond Butter Smoothie is bright and refreshing while also being super filling and high in protein and fiber. It's a totally good-for-you way to start your day!
All About Blueberries
I used wild blueberries in this smoothie and fell in love with the gorgeous color and delicious flavor they added! Blueberries are free of fat, sodium, and cholesterol while being high in vitamin C and K as well as manganese and fiber. Recent research is showing that diets that include blueberries result in supported brain health and lower risk of age-related cognitive impairment (source).
Plant-Based Milk in Smoothies
I used almond milk in this smoothie! I love that it adds subtle flavor without overpowering anything...and my Best Homemade Almond Milk is super creamy and easy to make. You can use any of your favorite vegan milk in this recipe: Oat Milk, Cashew Milk, or coconut milk!
All About Almonds
I've also used slivered almonds and a scoop of almond butter in this smoothie. In addition to making it creamy, nutty, and deliciously flavored, almonds add protein while being low in carbohydrates. They also contain fiber, healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, iron and calcium.
For a complete guide on almonds, see my comprehensive post on Almonds Benefits for Vegans (+ Recipes).
This Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and free of refined sugars. It's the perfect breakfast or snack recipe! If you love this bright, nutritious smoothie, please post and tag me on Instagram so I can celebrate your smoothie creation. It also makes my day when you leave a review below this post!
More Smoothie Recipes
Healthy Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
Vegan Apple Pie Smoothie
Minty Kale Smoothie
Creamy Tropical Kiwi Smoothie
Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Smoothie
Salted Tahini Date Chocolate Smoothie
Creamy Citrus Matcha Green Protein Smoothie
Download my Smoothie E-Book: Rock Your Blender for my favorite smoothie recipes of all time. It is also available for print via Amazon. The smoothies in my cookbook are exclusive content not offered on the blog!Print
This Vegan Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie is creamy, delicious, and made without bananas! It's super good AND good for you!
For the smoothie
- ¾ cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 4 large soft Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw slivered blanched almonds (not sliced almonds)
- 2 tablespoons raw creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup frozen riced cauliflower
Optional Smoothie Toppings
- Add wild blueberries, almond milk, dates, almonds, almond butter and vanilla to a high speed blender. Add any of the optional smoothie boosters if desired.
- Start blending on the lowest speed for 10 seconds. Then, gradually increase to the highest speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again for 30 seconds. Depending on your blender you may need to use a the plunger or tamper feature to help the smoothie blend. You want it to be completely smooth but thick and creamy.
- Divide the smoothie into 2 glasses (or small bowls for smoothie bowls!). Garnish with a generous drizzle of almond butter, a sprinkle of wild blueberries and a handful of granola. Enjoy immediately with a spoon.
You can substitute regular frozen blueberries for the wild blueberries in this recipe but the nutrition facts and flavor will differ slightly. Wild blueberries have more concentrated blueberry flavor since they have less water content.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Smoothie
Keywords: blueberry almond butter smoothie