This Vegan Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie is creamy, delicious, and made without bananas! It's super good AND good for you!
For the smoothie
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 4 large soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw slivered blanched almonds (not sliced almonds)
- 2 tablespoons raw creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
Optional Smoothie Toppings
- drizzle of runny, raw creamy almond butter
- frozen wild blueberries
- sprinkle of granola (THIS is my all time favorite granola recipe and it pairs perfectly with this smoothie)
- Add wild blueberries, almond milk, dates, almonds, almond butter and vanilla to a high speed blender. Add any of the optional smoothie boosters if desired.
- Start blending on the lowest speed for 10 seconds. Then, gradually increase to the highest speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again for 30 seconds. Depending on your blender you may need to use a the plunger or tamper feature to help the smoothie blend. You want it to be completely smooth but thick and creamy.
- Divide the smoothie into 2 glasses (or small bowls for smoothie bowls!). Garnish with a generous drizzle of almond butter, a sprinkle of wild blueberries and a handful of granola. Enjoy immediately with a spoon.
You can substitute regular frozen blueberries for the wild blueberries in this recipe but the nutrition facts and flavor will differ slightly. Wild blueberries have more concentrated blueberry flavor since they have less water content.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Smoothie
Keywords: blueberry almond butter smoothie