Cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, Kalamata olives, red onion, and gluten-free orzo...it must be a colorful, easy Greek Orzo Salad!
For the orzo:
- 8-ounces gluten-free orzo (such as Jovial cassava orzo or Andean Dreams quinoa orzo)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced sliced (about 1 cup of diced red onion)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber (skin removed if desired)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), stem and seeds removed, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups when diced)
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (or pitted black olives)
- 4 scallions, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh dill, finely minced (or sub fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh chives
- optional: 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled (I love VioLife brand)
- 1 batch of my homemade Mediterranean House Dressing
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place the cooked orzo in a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add onion, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, scallions, dill and chives. Add crumbled vegan feta cheese if using.
- Pour the entire batch of the dressing overtop the orzo and veggies and toss well. Serve immediately.
This dish is best when fresh if using gluten-free orzo but it can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This dish is best served chilled. I like to chill the veggies and dressing in advance of assembling for best results.
Add cooked chickpeas to make this a meal.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: vegan greek orzo salad