Christmas Tree Pitas & Hummus are a hit with both kids and adults! Use green hummus or guacamole to turn your pitas into Christmas trees, and then decorate them with any chopped veggies you like. This is the tastiest way to rock around the Christmas tree!
How cute are these little Christmas Tree Pitas & Hummus?! This is one of the simplest Fun with Christmas Food options. All you need is some kind of green dip or spread! I've used Green Hummus, Cilantro Hummus with Jalapeno, Zucchini Hummus (no chickpeas in this one!), or even Guacamole for an easy Christmas tree base. Once you have a tree with a pretzel trunk, you can deck the halls! Use cut up bell pepper, tomatoes, carrots...any diced veggies you have in the kitchen. You could even use yellow bell peppers for a star on top! This is a really fun one for kids to help with because they can "decorate" their own trees.
This Christmas Tree Pitas & Hummus recipe is gluten-free, vegan (no dairy or eggs!), refined sugar-free, and soy-free. Check out the full Christmas Fun with Food post! It has wreaths, trees, reindeer, and snowmen, all created out of healthy ingredients and fun, festive touches. Make sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a review if you make any of these fun recipes!
More Christmas Recipes & Fun
- Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Pancakes - Reindeer, Santa, & Snowman Pancakes
- Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide
- Vegan Paleo Easy DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub (Candy Cane Themed for Holiday Gifting)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers or Blender Hot Chocolate (vegan + paleo
Christmas Tree Pitas & Hummus become green with hummus or guacamole before being decorated with any chopped veggies you like!
- 2 whole wheat pitas, sliced into 16 wedges total (or for gluten-free use my homemade socca flatbread or homemade skillet pizza crust)
- 8 pretzel sticks (gluten-free if desired, we love From the Ground Up Cauliflower Pretzel Sticks) [this is the tree trunk]
- 1 batch green hummus or zucchini hummus (paleo) or guacamole
- red bell pepper, sliced or diced [decoration/garland]
- Snap the pretzel sticks in half and stick the sharp side into the bottom of each pita slice.
- Spread green hummus, zucchini hummus or guacamole overtop the pita slices.
- Decorate with raw red bell pepper garland. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Appetizer or Snack