Make Spooky Pizza Toast with spider webs and creepy mummies and watch your little ones shriek in horror...then scream in delight when they take a bite! This festive snack or lunch recipe is one of our all-time Halloween favorites.
When I say the magic words "pizza toast," my kids come sprinting to the kitchen. I'm convinced they could eat this Spooky Pizza Toast all day long...and all year round, too! This recipe was just too good to keep under wraps (sorry, I cannot resist a Halloween pun!). I used Rao's pasta sauce and my Vegan Mozzarella Cheese to make mummy and spider web designs on top of toast, then created mummy eyes and creepy-crawly spiders out of olives. The spider bodies are halved olives with thinner slices for the legs. Easy as can be! You could use green or purple olives for the body to make it even creepier.
Spooky Halloween Toast Ingredients
I love that this recipe is just a couple ingredients, and I always have them on hand! Grab your favorite gluten-free bread, pizza or pasta sauce (I love Rao's!), vegan mozzarella, and olives.
More Halloween Fun
I hope you love this vegan, gluten-free Halloween Spooky Pizza Toast. If you make it, please tag me on Instagram so I can see your spooky fun...and don't forget to leave a review below!
- All of the Halloween No-Waste Toast Recipes: Vegan Grilled Cheese Ghosts on Halloween Toast, Spider Web Toast With Vegan Nutella, and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Hummus Toast
- Ultimate Halloween Recipe Roundup (vegan + gluten-free)
- Halloween Fun with Food (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot and How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipe Roundup
- Fall Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Fall Meal Plan (+ Grocery List!)
Spooky Pizza Toast made into mummies and spider webs with vegan mozzarella is about to become your new go-to October lunch!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce or marinara sauce (I love Rao's brand)
- 2-3 tablespoons homemade vegan mozzarella cheese (or any vegan shredded mozzarella cheese)
- black olives, sliced and halved into half moons for spider legs and halved lengthwise for spider body
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place bread on parchment lined baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce overtop each slice of bread then decorate it with the vegan cheese to create a spider web or mummy wrap design. Drizzle olive oil overtop the cheese if desired. This helps the cheese get nice and golden brown in the oven.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 5-10 minutes until toast is golden brown on the edges and cheese is nice and bubbly. You can broil the toast at the very end to help the cheese get golden brown. Watch carefully to avoid burning (usually I just broil for 2-4 minutes).
- Decorate with olives for the spiders or mummy eyes peeking out. Enjoy!
For gluten-free recommendations see my Ultimate Gluten-Free Product Recommendations and Helpful Resources.