This right here is the perfect holiday side dish! While the carrots roast in the oven you can prepare the hummus and green tahini sauce. I hope you enjoy this seasonal recipe as much as we have been!
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) Rainbow Carrots (purple, white, yellow and orange), scrubbed, peeled and trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 batch of my Simplified Israeli Style Hummus [or Vegan Sour Cream]
- 1 batch of my Green Tahini Sauce or Chermoula Sauce
- More garnish ideas: pomegranate seeds, diced chives, diced green onions (green parts), hemp seeds, roasted and salted pepita seeds (slightly ground), fresh herbs, chopped carrot top greens, flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line two half sheet baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place the carrots whole on the baking sheet and toss well with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Divide onto the two baking sheets. Arrange them so there is space between the carrots. Bake for 30 minutes (flipping halfway through) until golden brown and fork tender. The timing will depend on the size of your carrots so watch closely at the end.
- While the carrots cook (or prep ahead of time to allow time for these sauces to chill), prepare the hummus and green tahini sauce. Alternatively, prepare the vegan sour cream and chermoula sauce.
- To serve, use a mini spatula or spoon to spread a thin layer of hummus (or vegan sour cream) onto your serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Arrange the roasted carrots on top of the bed of hummus (or vegan sour cream) and drizzle with the green tahini sauce (or chermoula sauce). Add additional garnishes if desired (such as diced green onions, hemp seeds, pepita seeds, pomegranate seeds, freshly chopped herbs (such as chives or parsley) and/or flaky sea salt. Season to taste, as desired. Enjoy while carrots are warm.
This dish is best when the hummus or vegan sour cream can be made and chilled in advance. Then serve the hot carrots overtop the chilled base and drizzle the sauces overtop. If possible, prepare the green tahini sauce or the chermoula sauce in advance as well.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven Roasted
Keywords: roasted whole carrots