It's the weeknight dinner winner! This no-boil creamy vegan pasta bake is made with gluten-free pasta, fresh veggies, and creamy marinara sauce. It's a no-stress dish that the entire family can enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (short-cut variety such as penne or rottini)
- 28 ounces jarred marinara sauce (I like Rao's the best)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 4. large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized on blade C and roughly chopped
- 1 batch homemade vegan cashew cream (learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.)
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Optional: garnish with fresh parsley and/or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Place dry pasta, marinara sauce, water, onion, garlic, zucchini and spices in the baking dish and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil. Stir in the vegan cashew cream and spinach while still hot. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
Baking time may vary based on the type of noodle are you using. If your noodles are not cooked through, re-cover the baking dish with the aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes. If it seems dry, add more marinara sauce or water before baking for additional time.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: no-boil pasta bake