This vegan matzo crack is an easy no-bake Passover dessert that everyone loves. It turns bland matzo into a crave-able dessert with two amazing layers: a dairy-free and refined sugar-free caramel layer topped with a dark chocolate layer that is then sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Together they create a candy bar-like dessert that is Passover perfection! Simply freeze the dessert, break into pieces and watch it disappear at your Seder!
Vegan Matzo Crack
This Matzo Crack Passover dessert recipe is naturally sweetened and so easy to make! It is the perfect addition to any Seder that kids and adults will love. I call it the Passover version of chocolate bark.
But what really makes this dessert stand out is the middle layer. The center layer tastes like caramel and yet is made from creamy almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Simply melt those ingredients together on your stovetop and pour overtop the matzo crackers. Place in your freezer to let that layer set before adding the refined sugar-free and vegan chocolate layer overtop.
I like to top the entire matzo crack situation off with flaky sea salt to help bring out all the flavors. Altogether it is crispy, nutty, sweet, chocolate-y and salty. So good! And so addictive!
More Passover recipes
If you are looking for more recipes to serve with the Matzo Crack for your Passover seder, here are some ideas:
- Cauliflower Steak Marbella with Roasted Chickpeas
- Whole Roasted Carrots over Hummus with Green Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpeas
- Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
And here are some more Passover dessert ideas (all vegan):
Now, let’s make Vegan Matzo Crack for Passover!
This easy Vegan Matzo Crack recipe will be an instant favorite to serve for Passover dessert. It is naturally vegan, peanut-free and refined sugar-free. If you buy gluten-free matzo then it can also be gluten-free.
I cannot wait for you to give this Vegan Matzo Crack recipe a try!
I rounded up all my favorite Passover recipes in one place for you HERE. All recipes are gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, soy-free, peanut-free and corn-free.
@eatingbyelaine ADDICTING matzo crack recipe #passover2022 #passoverseder #matzo #matzocrack #jewishfood ♬ Just a Cloud Away - Pharrell Williams
This vegan matzo crack is an easy no-bake Passover dessert that everyone loves. It turns bland matzo into a crave-able dessert with two amazing layers: a dairy-free and refined sugar-free caramel layer topped with a dark chocolate layer that is then sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Together they create a candy bar-like dessert that is Passover perfection. Simply freeze the dessert, break into pieces and watch it disappear at your Seder!
- 4 Matzo crackers squares
For the "caramel" layer
- ⅔ cup raw creamy almond butter (I like Trader Joe's the best)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Line a large rimmed half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper. Place matzo in one single layer touching but not overlapping. Break up matzah to fit if needed.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Stir until everything is melted and well combined. Pour overtop the matzo and and spread out with a spatula into one even layer. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Melt the chocolate until it is smooth and liquid. Pour overtop the almond butter caramel layer and quickly spread out with a spatula into one even layer. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Place in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set (about 10 minutes).
- When ready to enjoy break into smaller squares for serving. The center layer will start to melt at room temperature after about 30 minutes so return to the freezer if not serving immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: Passover Matzo Crack