Granola is easier to make than you would expect and is such a nutritious addition to non-dairy yogurt, smoothie bowls, oatmeal, parfaits and even good on its own or with a bowl of cold non-dairy milk and berries. I sometimes pack the granola clusters in a small container and take it with me to-go when I'm out an about. My girls love it and my husband snacks on it at night when he gets the before-bed munchies. Granola is one of those things you can enjoy throughout the day: breakfast, snack or dessert. You can feel good about munching on this granola because it is refined sugar-free and loaded with plant-based protein and heart healthy fats and fiber.
This cinnamon-vanilla flavored granola is completely vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free and nut-free. I'm also allergic to coconut so I left that out as well but feel free to swap that in if desired. My last granola recipe was very similar but contained nuts. So this is my attempt at a nut-free version. Granola recipes are easy to tweak so you can have fun trying it out with different nuts, seeds, dried fruit and sweeteners to make it your own. Just try and keep the proportions the same as below. So if you want to use almonds instead of pumpkin seeds just keep it the same amount.
The prep time for this recipe is only about 5 minutes. Just stir the ingredients together and place on a baking sheet. Then while it bakes you can GSD and enjoy the smell of warm cinnamon filling up your kitchen.
This recipe is full of good-for-you ingredients including hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and oats. It is lightly sweetened with maple syrup and the dried fruit. And flavored to perfection with the cinnamon and vanilla. I hope you enjoy this granola recipe as much as we do!
If you give this granola recipe a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram so we can be granola buds.Print
Super Seed Granola
- Total Time: 43 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
This grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free granola recipe is perfect for busy mornings or as an on-the-go snack. It is slightly sweet and full of warm cinnamon and vanilla flavor. I just love it on top of non-dairy yogurt or with non-dairy milk and fresh fruit. Serving size: Makes about 6 cups of granola so about twelve ½ cup servings
- 1¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (or cherries or berries)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds or whole flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To the mixing bowl, add the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, oat flour, dried cranberries, raisins, sesame seeds, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, gently press down until the granola is about ½ inch thick. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for 18 minutes until granola is lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool the granola on the baking pan for 1 full hour (at least) before breaking it apart into clusters. This allows the sugars to harden.
- Break the granola into pieces and store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
* To make the oat flour yourself just add ½ cup oats to a mini food processor and process for 10-20 seconds until a fine powder forms.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 38 mins
- Category: Breakfast