This grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free granola recipe is perfect for busy mornings or as an on-the-go snack. It is slightly sweet and full of warm cinnamon and vanilla flavor. I just love it on top of non-dairy yogurt or with non-dairy milk and fresh fruit. Serving size: Makes about 6 cups of granola so about twelve ½ cup servings
- 1¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (or cherries or berries)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds or whole flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To the mixing bowl, add the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, oat flour, dried cranberries, raisins, sesame seeds, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, gently press down until the granola is about ½ inch thick. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for 18 minutes until granola is lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool the granola on the baking pan for 1 full hour (at least) before breaking it apart into clusters. This allows the sugars to harden.
- Break the granola into pieces and store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
* To make the oat flour yourself just add 1/2 cup oats to a mini food processor and process for 10-20 seconds until a fine powder forms.
- Category: Breakfast