Keep your tiny kitchen helpers busy making Strawberry & Banana Fruit Candy Canes! They can practice following a pattern, try healthy fruits, and feel totally proud of their holiday creation.
How to Make Fruit Candy Canes
Strawberry & Banana Fruit Candy Canes are the perfect snack to get little ones involved in the kitchen! They can practice making a pattern and following a shape, all while sampling nutritious fruit.
To make it even yummier you could outline the cane shape out of whipped cream or fruit dip on the plate for them to follow. Challenge older kids to do two red stripes, then one white...or make up their own pattern! No matter what, this is a really simple and tasty Christmas-themed snack.
Check out the full Christmas Fun with Food post and make sure to tag me on Instagram if you make any of these fun recipes! I would also love it if you left a review below any recipes you make. Happy holidays!
More Christmas Recipes & Fun
- Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Pancakes - Reindeer, Santa, & Snowman Pancakes
- Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide
- Vegan Paleo Easy DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub (Candy Cane Themed for Holiday Gifting)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers or Blender Hot Chocolate (vegan + paleo)
Keep tiny kitchen helpers busy making Strawberry & Banana Fruit Candy Canes as they practice patterns and try healthy fruit!
- 6-8 large strawberries, hulled and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 bananas, peeled, cut into ½ inch slices
- Alternate the strawberry and banana slices to form a candy cane shape. If possible use the ends of the banana to form the tip of the candy cane for the best look.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Optional: Sprinkle unsweetened shredded coconut flakes on the serving plate before adding the candy cane. It will look like snow and make it a bit more festive!
Tip: if the slices are wobbling you can trim a small slice off to create a flat surface. I find once they are all propped against each other they help support each other.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack