No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti is filled with fresh veggies and a creamy vegan sauce that all comes together in minutes!
- 12 ounces dry ziti pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 28 ounces jarred marinara sauce (I like Rao’s the best)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- optional: 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- optional: 1 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 4. large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 batch homemade vegan cashew cream (Learn all about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post)
- optional: 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 batch homemade vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- optional: 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- garnish options: fresh parsley and/or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Place dry pasta, marinara sauce, water, onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper and spices in the baking dish and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil. Stir in the vegan cashew cream and spinach while still hot. Add mozzarella cheese overtop and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil overtop the cheese. Next, sprinkle generously with vegan parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbly. Broil the last two minutes if desired but watch closely to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan baked ziti