I'm all about streamlining my busy mornings. A huge part of that for me is having a nutritious breakfast ready to go so I can start my day off right.
Lately, on hurried mornings I grab overnight oats for a quick and easy breakfast. This version is loaded with plant-based protein, fiber, whole grains and healthy fats. And it couldn't be easier to prep the night before. Simply whisk the ingredients together in a lidded glass container and pop in the fridge to allow the oats to soften and the mixture to thicken overnight. It takes less than five minutes which is very much worth it so that all you have to do in the morning is grab a spoon and dive right in.
I sometimes get a little fancy and top the whole thing off with a drizzle of nut or seed butter, chia jam and/or fresh berries for added nutrients and a more filling meal.
This recipe is extremely customizable. You can use your favorite yogurt and your favorite milk. To make it blue I added 1 teaspoon of blue majik powder but that is totally optional.
This recipe is raw, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, peanut-free and refined sugar-free. Depending on the type of yogurt and milk you use it can be nut-free as well.
If you give it a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations.Print
Protein-Packed Overnight Oats
- Total Time: 4 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
Overnight oats loaded with plant-based protein, fiber, whole grains and healthy fats. It is the easiest breakfast ever and gives you one less thing to worry about on hurried mornings. I love how filling and satisfying this breakfast is.
- 1, 5 ounce container unsweetened plant-based yogurt*
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon blue majik powder (optional for a blue hue and added nutrients)
- In a large glass lidded jar mix together all the ingredients. Be sure to stir well so all ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight to allow the oats to soften and the mixture to thicken.
- In the morning top with your favorite nut or seed butter, chia jam and fresh berries.
*I use Greek-style yogurt for more protein and a creamier, thicker texture. From a taste perspective, I prefer non-dairy yogurt made from almonds but you could use coconut milk yogurt for a nut-free version.
Serving suggestions: Before adding your toppings you may wish to warm the overnight oats slightly in the microwave or on your stovetop, I don't mind it chilled straight from the fridge. It is really up to you!
- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Category: Breakfast