Overnight oats loaded with plant-based protein, fiber, whole grains and healthy fats. It is the easiest breakfast ever and gives you one less thing to worry about on hurried mornings. I love how filling and satisfying this breakfast is.
- 1, 5 ounce container unsweetened plant-based yogurt*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon blue majik powder (optional for a blue hue and added nutrients)
- In a large glass lidded jar mix together all the ingredients. Be sure to stir well so all ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight to allow the oats to soften and the mixture to thicken.
- In the morning top with your favorite nut or seed butter, chia jam and fresh berries.
*I use Greek-style yogurt for more protein and a creamier, thicker texture. From a taste perspective, I prefer non-dairy yogurt made from almonds but you could use coconut milk yogurt for a nut-free version.
Serving suggestions: Before adding your toppings you may wish to warm the overnight oats slightly in the microwave or on your stovetop, I don't mind it chilled straight from the fridge. It is really up to you!
- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Category: Breakfast