This hearty, plant-based side dish is made with a zesty lemon-dill sauce with hints of garlic and dijon flavor. It is super fresh tasting, classic and always a crowd-pleaser. I provide both Instant Pot and stovetop instructions below.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into small bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 of a large red onion, diced
- 4–5 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup lemon olive oil (I love Pomora’s Lemon Olive Oil)*
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh dill, large stems removed (+ more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- To cook the potatoes in your Instant Pot, place in the steamer basket with 1 cup of water. Cover with the lid making sure the valve is set to sealed. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Natural release. To cook the potatoes on your stove top, place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the onions and celery and set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and process for about 20 seconds until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have cooked and cooled, add the dressing and toss gently. Gently stir in the red onions and celery. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cover and chill in your refrigerator until serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
*If you do not have lemon olive oil you can try adding the juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons).
- Category: Side Dish