This Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie is so delicious, you would never know it contains wheatgrass (plus a vegetable). All you taste is cool, sweet mint in every frosty and smooth spoonful. This plant-based smoothie is easy to make and full of beneficial nutrients.
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted blanched slivered almonds (or raw unsalted cashews)
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 small handful of fresh zucchini, chopped (or 1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1 frozen wheatgrass pod (WOW Frozen Wheatgrass Juice)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Optional Add-Ins: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1 handful of raw fresh baby spinach and/or 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Add water, almonds, dates, chia seeds (if using), vanilla, peppermint, zucchini (or cauliflower), and wheatgrass pod to a high speed blender. Blend on low speed and gradually increase to the highest speed. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add one cup of ice and blend for 20 seconds. Add the second cup of ice and blend until smooth and creamy (about 30 seconds). Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie