Vegan chocolate and gluten-free pretzels create the most fun and festive Chocolate Pretzel Stars of David. This is an easy sweet and salty snack that kids love to help assemble...and then eat!
Every winter I get so excited to have some Fun With Food! Food is what makes the holidays feel nostalgic and special to me, and these themed treats are one of the ways I look forward to spending time with my kids in the kitchen. Since we celebrate Hanukkah, I like to make snacks that go along with the traditions, like dreidels, menorahs, and these Chocolate Pretzel Stars of David. Each one is made from six pretzels and melted chocolate! This is a fun sweet and salty snack that my kids love making AND eating. Arrange chocolate-dipped pretzels in a triangle, then arrange three more in an upside-down triangle on top of it. Perfect for learning shapes! I love finishing these off with dye-free blue and white sprinkles and putting them in the refrigerator to set. We love enjoying these with a cup of Blender Hot Chocolate!
More Hanukkah Recipes & Fun
- Ultimate Vegan Hanukkah Recipe Roundup
- Vegan Grilled Cheese Star of David Hanukkah Sandwiches
- Best Sugar Cut-Out Cookies (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free) with Easy Vanilla Blender Cashew Icing (vegan + paleo) or Easy Vegan Vanilla Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Homemade Hanukkah Gelt (vegan + paleo)...put it on Hanukkah Gelt Cookies (vegan + grain-free + paleo + refined sugar-free)!
- Crispy Vegan and Gluten Free Potato Latkes or Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes (Vegan + Gluten-Free + Nut-Free)
- Latke Toppings: Easy Homemade Vegan Sour Cream or Easy Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce (refined sugar-free)
Vegan and gluten-free Chocolate Pretzel Stars of David are an easy sweet and salty snack that kids love to help assemble...and then eat!
- 6 salted pretzel sticks, gluten-free if desired (I like these ones!)
- melted vegan dark chocolate to coat the pretzels (I use Hu chocolate gems which are vegan and refined sugar-free. Use my code ELAINE for a 10% discount!)
- optional: dye-free blue and white sprinkles (Supernatural sprinkles are soy-free, vegan, gluten-free and dye-free)
- Dip a pretzel stick in melted chocolate until fully coated. Place it on a parchment lined flat surface such as a baking sheet. Make sure the baking sheet can fit in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Repeat with five more pretzel sticks and as each is dipped in the chocolate place them in a Star of David shape (a triangle and then an upside down trianle on top). Use a spoon to add more chocolate to the pretzels if exposed. I also sometimes add additional chocolate to the spots where the pretzels overlap to act as extra "glue" to help them stay together well.
- Sprinkle just the top side with blue and white sprinkles if desired. You could also crush up freeze dried bananas and blueberries instead of sprinkles.
- This makes one star of David. Repeat the recipe to make more stars. Once finished, place the baking sheet in your refrigerator or freezer to allow the chocolate to set/harden. I usually leave it in the refrigerator for an hour or the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove each star from the parchment paper and place on a serving tray. Enjoy at room temperature.
To melt the chocolate you can use a double boiler or place the chocolate in a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack or Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: Hannukah Star of David chocolate pretzel snack