Vegan and gluten-free Chocolate Pretzel Stars of David are an easy sweet and salty snack that kids love to help assemble...and then eat!
- 6 salted pretzel sticks, gluten-free if desired (I like these ones!)
- melted vegan dark chocolate to coat the pretzels (I use Hu chocolate gems which are vegan and refined sugar-free. Use my code ELAINE for a 10% discount!)
- optional: dye-free blue and white sprinkles (Supernatural sprinkles are soy-free, vegan, gluten-free and dye-free)
- Dip a pretzel stick in melted chocolate until fully coated. Place it on a parchment lined flat surface such as a baking sheet. Make sure the baking sheet can fit in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Repeat with five more pretzel sticks and as each is dipped in the chocolate place them in a Star of David shape (a triangle and then an upside down trianle on top). Use a spoon to add more chocolate to the pretzels if exposed. I also sometimes add additional chocolate to the spots where the pretzels overlap to act as extra "glue" to help them stay together well.
- Sprinkle just the top side with blue and white sprinkles if desired. You could also crush up freeze dried bananas and blueberries instead of sprinkles.
- This makes one star of David. Repeat the recipe to make more stars. Once finished, place the baking sheet in your refrigerator or freezer to allow the chocolate to set/harden. I usually leave it in the refrigerator for an hour or the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove each star from the parchment paper and place on a serving tray. Enjoy at room temperature.
To melt the chocolate you can use a double boiler or place the chocolate in a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack or Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: Hannukah Star of David chocolate pretzel snack