This sweet and creamy smoothie is packed with goodness! I chose each ingredient carefully so that when they all come together, it’s a nutritious powerhouse. This Salted Tahini Chocolate Date Smoothie is vegan and delicious!
This Salted Tahini Chocolate Date Smoothie is my latest obsession! It tastes like dessert, but gives the nutritional benefits you need for a full meal. Make it for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
The Best Blender for Smoothies
You might know by now that I LOVE smoothies! I even have a Rock Your Blender cookbook all about my favorite smoothie recipes and resources. My favorite appliance is my high-speed blender. It’s the best! It’s powerful, easy to clean and will run for years.
Ingredients in Salted Tahini Chocolate Date Smoothie
This plant-based smoothie is easy to make and full of beneficial nutrients.
- Dates – Dates offer dietary fiber, potassium, zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, calcium, iron, vitamin K…can you believe this list?! They add such amazing sweetness and flavor with so many health benefits.
- Tahini – Tahini is made from sesame seeds, which are a source of fiber and plant-based protein.
- Frozen riced cauliflower – Cauliflower is high in vitamin B and more fiber, which is so good for digestion.
- Vanilla – Sweet vanilla extract is all for flavor!
- Ice – Ice makes the smoothie cold, thick and frosty
You can boost the nutrition profile of this smoothie even more! Here are add-on items I sometimes throw in. These are great ingredients to have on hand if you enjoy smoothies!
- Chia seeds – for more dietary fiber, healthy fats, plant-based protein, antioxidants and minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium
- Hemp seeds – even more dietary fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals (zinc,