- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 6 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch or two of fine salt
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Optional Smoothie Boosters: 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds and/or handful of fresh raw baby spinach
- Optional Garnish Ideas: tahini drizzle, chocolate drizzle, chocolate shavings, cacao nibs and/or sprinkle of salt
- Add water, cauliflower, dates, tahini, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a high speed blender and blend from low to high speed for 30 seconds until smooth. Add any smoothie boosters if desired along with one cup of the crushed ice. Blend again for 20 seconds until smooth. Add the second cup of ice and blend briefly until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Pour immediately into 1-2 glasses depending on if this is meal replacement or snack.
- Garnish with a drizzle of tahini, drizzle of chocolate, chocolate shavings, cacao nibs and/or a sprinkle of salt. Enjoy immediately with a straw or spoon.
To keep the garnish refined sugar-free and vegan I use Hu chocolate “gems” [use code ELAINE for 15% off] (affiliate link)
The equipment section above contains an affiliate link to a product I use and love!
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Tahini Chocolate Smoothie