I’m always looking for a healthy and inspiring way to wake up and kickstart my day. Solution? Granola without the guilt! This gluten-free, vegan granola is full of heart-healthy fiber from the oats, hemp seeds and flaxseeds. It contains heart-healthy fats from the hemp seeds, almonds, almond flour and walnuts. And it doesn’t contain any artificial sugars. Just a touch of maple syrup and dried cranberries for balanced sweetness.
This homemade granola is easy to prepare and doesn’t require any special granola making secret skills 😉 The warm cinnamon smell will quickly fill up your kitchen as it bakes in the oven. The granola clusters make a wonderful on-the-go snack or can be enjoyed with almond milk (or any milk of choice) topped with fresh berries. You can also serve atop oatmeal, parfaits or smoothies. And I encourage you to have fun trying it out with different nuts, seeds, dried fruit and sweeteners to make it your own.
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour or meal
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseeds (not ground)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper)
- In a mini food processor, process the raw almonds and walnuts for 5 seconds until finely chopped. It is okay to have a combination of larger pieces and powdery meal. Add this mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add the oats, almond flour, hemp seeds, cranberries, raisins, flaxseeds, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, gently press down until the granola is about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for 18 minutes until granola is lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool the granola on the baking pan for 1 full hour (at least) before breaking it apart into clusters. This allows the sugars to harden.
- Break the granola into pieces and store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan