These soft-baked gluten-free and vegan cookies are a classic in our household. They taste like the real deal and yet are refined sugar-free and full of whole grains, healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan, soy-free butter, slightly softened (I love Miyoko vegan butter or you can sub coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan and refined sugar-free dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- sprinkle of flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients. Add the softened butter (or coconut oil), maple syrup and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and combine using a hand mixer.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Form the cookies. Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 12 cookies (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired. Allow them to cool directly on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. Enjoy after they have fully cooled.
Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
Keywords: dairy free and gluten free chocolate chip cookies