These soft-baked gluten-free and vegan cookies are a classic in our household. They taste like the real deal and yet are refined sugar-free and full of whole grains, healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan, soy-free butter, slightly softened (I love Miyoko vegan butter or you can sub coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan and refined sugar free dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- sprinkle of flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients (softened butter or coconut oil), maple syrup and vanilla extract) and combine using a hand mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 12 cookies (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired. Allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. They will harden as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled. Enjoy after they have fully cooled or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
vegan chocolate [ELAINE20 for 20% off]Buy Now →
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
Keywords: vegan and gluten-free healthy chocolate chip cookie