Rich and decadent chocolate bark combines with creamy sunflower butter and brown rice crisp cereal to create a fudgy and crispy treat. This quick, easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for a nutritious Valentine's Day chocolate fix. These fudgy sunflower crispies are nut-free, soy-free, vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy. You can feel good knowing each bite is full of antioxidant rich-dark chocolate, whole grain cereal and protein rich sunflower butter.
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy sunflower butter or raw almond butter*
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. I like to coat my chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon avocado oil or any vegetable oil before microwaving to ensure they melt well.
- Stir using a mini spatula to ensure chocolate has fully melted. Add the nut or seed butter and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the cereal until well combined.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and use a mini spatula to spread out the mixture until it is in an even layer and about 1/4 inch thick. Alternatively, you can place the mixture in individual muffin liners in a mini muffin tin. This will create individual pre-portioned candies. I sometimes do a combination of both where I put some of the mixture in the muffin tin and some on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet and/or muffin tin in your freezer for 2 hours until it is fully hardened.
- Break the bark into pieces and enjoy immediately straight out of the freezer. Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.
* You can use any nut or seed butter. I recommend raw, unsalted, unsweetened. I also recommend using a new jar or a jar that has a smooth consistency and has not "hardened" or it will be difficult to stir into the chocolate.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Category: Dessert