Butternut squash, mushrooms, bell pepper and black beans all get tossed in a Homemade Taco Seasoning and cooked on a sheet pan for an easy, delicious and healthy weeknight dinner.
Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2.5 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar (or coconut sugar or any granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Veggie Sheet Pan:
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced or thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (baby bella)
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Taco Seasoning Spice Mixture (see above)
- 1,15-ounce can black beans, drained, rinsed and dried
Taco Serving Suggestions:
- warmed or stovetop seared gluten-free tortillas (I love Siete almond flour tortillas)
- chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- guacamole or sliced avocado
- diced red onion or green onion
- pico de gallo (salsa fresca) or regular salsa
- creamy vegan black bean dip
- vegan homemade queso
- refried beans
- vegan homemade sour cream
- homemade vegan no-mayo garlic cilantro slaw
- jalapeno chimichurri sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together the taco spice seasoning mixture in a small bowl.
- Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, butternut squash, red onions, olive oil, maple syrup (if using) and taco spice seasoning to a half sheet baking pan. Use two large sheet pans if needed so as not to overcrowd the pan. Use two spoons to toss the veggies well so they are evenly coated in the oil and spices. Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for 40 minutes tossing halfway through with tongs.
- Add rinsed, drained and dried black beans to the sheet pan with the veggies and cook another five minutes to warm the beans. The veggies should be golden brown and crispy when cooking is complete. Bake longer if needed.
- Warm your tortillas and serve with a couple spoonfuls of the roasted veggies and warmed black beans. Add any taco toppings you love to your taco. I love to add finely chopped iceberg lettuce or slaw, sliced avocado, finely diced red onion, vegan sour cream, finely chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Store leftover veggies and black beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Reheat in the oven to get them warm and crispy again.
Store leftover tacos in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
Keywords: sheet pan roasted veggie tacos