Sometimes Taco Tuesday calls for Tostadas! This Easy Vegan Tostadas recipe is layered with crunchy gluten-free shells and the best toppings.
For the tostadas
- 4 small tortillas (I Love Siete almond flour tortillas)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (1/2 tablespoon per tortilla)
- fine salt to taste
- refried beans (served hot)
- vegan sour cream (served cold)
- slaw (served cold)
- pico de gallo (served cold)
- caramelized onions
- jalapeno chimichurri sauce (drizzled overtop)
More Garnish Options:
- chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced or guacamole
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 large juicy lime, juiced and zested
- 2 green onions, diced
- Make the tostadas: Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the tortillas in a single layer on a bare baking sheet. Tortillas should not be touching. Brush both sides of each tortilla with avocado oil. You can also use avocado oil spray. Sprinkle generously with fine salt. Bake on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Flip halfway through for even browning.
- Prepare desired toppings in advance for easy assembly. Place toppings out and allow individuals to assemble to their liking. I usually start by spreading the hot refried beans first and then top with a generous helping of vegan sour cream and pico de gallo. I love to drizzle the jalapeno chimichurri sauce overtop for a kick. Then I garnish with caramelized onions and cilantro leaves. Have fun with this and find combinations that you enjoy. See notes for more ideas!
- Enjoy soon after assembling. Store leftover tostadas separate from toppings.
More tostada topping ideas:
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan tostadas