A healthy, dairy-free and gluten-free way to enjoy all the flavors of key lime pie but in frozen form! My whole family (and all my friends) have been loving these this summer. They are easy to make and only require four ingredients.
- 1.5 ripe avocados
- 6 limes, juiced (you can also add the zest of two limes for even more lime flavor)
- 1/2 cup raw agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk (such as almond, rice, coconut, hemp)
- In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth. You may have to scrap down the sides or tap the bottom of the blender to get out any air bubbles. Try to avoid adding more liquid if you can as this will water down the recipe. But if you must you can add a couple splashes of non-dairy milk to get the blender going.
- Pour (spoon) the mixture into your popsicle molds to freeze. This recipe makes 8, 2.5 ounce pops. Tap the molds on the countertop a handful of times once they are full, to try to get rid of all the air bubbles. Insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze until pops are solid and totally frozen (4-6 hours or preferably overnight). Pops will stay good for up to 2 weeks in your freezer.
- Just before serving, briefly run molds under hot water to release pops.
- Category: popsicles
- Cuisine: dessert