Apple Ring Sandwiches have endless filling options, so you can create nutritious and savory filling or a sweet treat that everyone craves.
For the "sandwich"
- 2 medium sweet red apples (I love Honeycrisp), cored and sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- optional: lemon half to prevent browning (see notes)
- nut or seed butter + jelly: try my homemade creamy raw almond butter and raspberry chia jam
- homemade vegan Nutella + granola
- homemade vegan caramel sauce
- Creamy Vegan Cinnamon Vanilla Fruit Dip + chocolate granola
- Vegan Blender Vanilla Icing + granola
More garnish ideas/options for inside or outside the sandwiches
- Drizzle of melted coconut butter
- Drizzle of homemade instant caramel sauce (vegan + paleo)
- Drizzle of Creamy Vegan Cinnamon Vanilla Fruit Dip
- Drizzle of Easy Vanilla Blender Icing (vegan + refined sugar-free + paleo)
- Drizzle of melted vegan chocolate (try my homemade chocolate recipe - no need to let it set!)
- Chopped Hu dark chocolate gems [use my code ELAINE for discount] OR mini vegan chocolate chips
- crushed up freeze dried fruit (such as freeze dried raspberries) OR dye-free sprinkles
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- dusting of ground cinnamon
- hemp seeds
- Select your fillings and spread 2 tablespoons on one apple ring half. Top with the other apple ring to form a sandwich.
- Add optional garnishes on the outside of the sandwich (or inside if you prefer!). We love to drizzle the fruit dip overtop and sprinkle with cinnamon and granola. Have fun with it, make it your own and experiment with different combinations or with whatever you have on hand.
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
apple corer [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
Each apple yields about 6 apple ring slices or 3 sandwiches. Usually I prepare one apple (3 sandwiches) per child as a snack.
If you want to prep these apple ring sandwiches ahead of time, put one cup of water and one tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl and soak the slices for a couple minutes. Drain them, make your sandwiches, and pop them in the fridge! The acid in the lemon will keep them from turning brown.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Snack
Keywords: apple ring sandwiches