Chopped kale, avocado, cucumber, green onion, quinoa and apple create an incredible base for this Vegan Protein Kale Salad! It's topped with crunchy pepita seeds, hemp hearts and a delicious Creamy Tahini Dressing for all the plant-based protein and nutrients your body is craving. This salad is vegan, gluten-free, and even nut-free, so it's a colorful and flavorful dish that everyone can enjoy.
- 2 large handfuls chopped kale leaves (large stems removed)
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 mini cucumbers, diced (or sub 1 cup sliced radishes)
- 1 small sweet red apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (use my stovetop method or Instant Pot method to cook)
- 1/4 cup Sweet & Salty Roasted Pepita Seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup Creamy Tahini Dressing
- optional additional protein boosters: crispy chickpea croutons, canned rinsed and drained black lentils
- Add quinoa to a large single-serving salad bowl. Top with chopped avocado, diced green onion, diced cucumbers or sliced radishes, chopped apple, cooked quinoa, toasted pepita seeds and hemp hearts.
- Drizzle creamy tahini dressing overtop. Toss and enjoy immediately.
You can use either type of kale. Usually for this recipe I use curly kale as opposed to lacinato (dino) kale.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Lunch
Keywords: protein kale salad