Let’s add color to your table and greens into your meal! This Easy Green Hummus is a festive and tasty way to make sure you’re filling up with nutritious, flavorful, plant-based protein.
- 1 (15-ounce can) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup runny raw tahini (oils well incorporated throughout)
- 1 lemon, juiced (~2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 1 cup crushed ice (trust me!)
- 1 large clove raw peeled garlic OR 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt (or more to taste)
- 1–2 handfuls fresh parsley leaves, fresh dill or spinach or a combination of the three
- Garnish ideas: caramelized onions, Italian flat leaf parsley (large stems removed and leaves finely chopped), dill, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and/or microgreens
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Process for one minute. Scrape down the sides with a mini spatula and process again until smooth and creamy and no ice chunks or parsley/dill/spinach bits remain. If it is too thick add up to 1/4 cup filtered water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed (you may want to add more lemon, salt, tahini or garlic).
- Transfer the hummus using the spatula to a serving dish and garnish with a dusting of chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of microgreens if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender
Keywords: green hummus